Temple Sinai SisterhoodA Member of Women of Reform Judaism
Latest post from the Sisterhood Blog
Temple Sinai’s Sisterhood is dedicated to furthering every interest of the congregation, encouraging religion in the home, promoting Temple attendance and fellowship and cultivating religious and educational programs. In addition, sisterhood serves Jewish and Humanitarian causes in cooperation with the programs of Women of Reform Judaism.
Sisterhood was founded at Sinai in 1900. Many of it’s past and present leaders have continued to serve the Jewish community at regional and national levels of responsibility.
Sisterhood projects serve all age groups. Scholarships help the training of Rabbis and send children to Henry S. Jacobs Camp. Temple Sinai Sisterhood also supports the local
Ronald McDonald House.
In addition, Sisterhood sponsors a senior citizen outreach program, visits the Jewish aged at Woldenberg, provides a link to college students, supports the Sinai Youth Group, prepares
Family Night Suppers, and lends support to the Religious School.
In the St. Charles Avenue building, the Sisterhood’s Judaica shop is complete with everything one needs to make a Jewish home. Among the articles in stock are mezzuzot, menorahs, candlesticks, kiddush cups, Seder plates, matzo plates, challah covers, matzo covers, Judaic jewelry, and gifts. Fine pieces of Judaica made by Mottahedeh, Miller Rogaska, Lenox, Waterford, Val St. Lambert, Limoges, as well as national and local artists are featured. Come see our new and expanded selection of adult and children’s books as well as C.D.’s and tapes. Sample ketubot are available and can be ordered. Inscribed kipot can be ordered.
The shop is open on Sunday mornings and by appointment . Please contact the Temple office at 504-861-3693 to arrange for your shopping needs. If they don’t have it, they will get it!